What do I do when I change my address?


Are you a SWDE customer and moving to a new address? Do you want to end the meter contract at your old home? Here are the various formalities.


Have the necessary information to hand

You must be in possession of: 

  • the meter serial no; 
  • the meter reading on the date* you took over the property; 
  • if you are a tenant, the contact details of the landlord; 
  • if you are the owner and the property is sold, the details of the new owner. 

*This date must be agreed with the new tenant or owner of the property.

Submit a request to close an account 

Via your Customer Account 

  • Go to your Customer Account;
  • notification informs you that your move has been duly registered and will be processed as soon as possible;  
  • Within 15 days, you will receive:  
    • a letter with all your closing information (address, date, meter reading, etc.); 
    • your closing bill.   

Login to the Customer Area


Frequently asked questions

I am moving in/out. What are the formalities to go through with SWDE?

It is important to inform us of any changes in the occupancy of a building. 

If you leave, read the meter one last time in the presence of all parties involved so that the final bill can be issued. Access your Customer Account and complete the formalities in a few clicks. 

When you move in, water is already available. In order to quickly update your situation, access your Customer Account and complete the formalities in a few clicks.

More information: You are moving

I want to check that my file is closed

At the time of any closure, whether you are a tenant or an owner, SWDE will send you a letter notifying you of the end of our collaboration.

Not received anything?

Go to your Customer Account, the closed account will still appear there for 90 days. As far as bills are concerned, check whether the closing bill is present.

No customer account? You can also make this request to our Customer Service department on 087 / 87 87 87.

I own a property and rent it out. What are my obligations?

If a tenant leaves a property with unpaid debts, the principle of “non-solidarity" prevails. This means that we will not hold you responsible for your tenant's debts IF AND ONLY IF, no later than 30 days after the change of occupation of the dwelling:  

  • you provide us with the identity of the outgoing and incoming occupants; 
  • you provide us with the meter reading; 
  • you have equipped each dwelling with an individual meter, in the case of apartment buildings; 
  • you have provided evidence that the condition of the installation is not the cause of any abnormally high consumption. 

If the building is unoccupied, the owner is liable for the costs of the fee and the consumption logged until a new occupant arrives.

See also:

Solidarity between landlord and tenant

My landlord / previous user receives the bills for my meter

Your move has not been registered in our database.

It is important to get things in order quickly.

As soon as you have the necessary information (meter reading, etc.), take the necessary steps yourself.

Do you already have a SWDE customer number? Go to your Customer Account

Not yet a SWDE customer? Fill in the online form