A hidden leak is a leak that is difficult to detect in the installation inside a home. In the event of a hidden leak, we can, under certain conditions, give you a discount on your water bill.
What do we do if there is a hidden leak and proven excess consumption?
We will determine the amount of excess consumption based on your average consumption over the previous three years.
- The recalculated average annual consumption will then be charged at the normal rate.
- Excess consumption will be billed at 50% for the supply part and totally exempted for the sanitation part.
- The bill will also be limited to a maximum of 2,000 m³. Any m³ above this limit will not be charged.
What are the eligibility conditions for the price discount?
The volume of excess consumption must be greater than 50 m³ and at least double your usual consumption.
- You must have submitted your annual meter reading at least twice in the three years prior to the year in which the leak was detected.
- The increase in consumption must be due to a leak that is difficult to detect in a private installation. This excludes:
- leaks due to defective household appliances;
- leaks from sanitary installations and their connections;
- leaks in the heating system and its connection.
- An exception is made for leaks caused by a faulty boiler safety valve (for domestic customers only).
- The installation must comply with the relevance standards.. The presence of a non-return valve and a valve after the meter are essential if you are to be eligible for the discount.
What documents do I need to provide?
Send an e-mailMail to our Customer Service department to explain the situation and request acknowledgement of a hidden leak. Do not forget to attach proof of the repair of the leak (repair invoices, photos, etc.). This repair must be carried out within 60 days of becoming aware of the hidden leak.